“At first, they will ask ‘why are you doing that?’ Later, they will ask how.” Unknown
This is an unscheduled and unexpected post, but, I am so excited to let you guys know that I have been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award 2017. Thank you so much to Amber at Basically Britain for nominating me for this amazing award. I just recently started blogging, and never thought I would have this opportunity.
- What on earth is the Sunshine Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is similar to the Liebster Award. Its main purpose is to assist smaller bloggers to gain a following online, while helping them to build a community among-st like-minded bloggers. There is also a fantastic opportunity to make great friends in the community through these awards.
- What are the rules?
You need to give a thank you to the blogger that nominated you with a link back to their blog.
Answer the eleven questions that you were given by the blogger that nominated you.
Nominate eleven more bloggers to receive the Sunshine Blogger Award.
Provide your nominees with eleven questions they must answer.
- Questions for me
When and why did you start your blog?
I started my blog in late October of this year. I had been thinking about doing a blog for a while, but it never seemed like the right time. I was also going through a very difficult period in my life, where I was too lost, and fragile to think about writing to the world.
I moved to Japan one year ago and I have, since then, grown as an individual, overcome a number of my struggles, and am ready to share my journey with the world.
Tell us a story from your first love.
My first love was in high school. At the time, he was a sweet, adorable guy that was about 3 years older than me. We ended up dating for about 5 years before it ended. I learned so much about myself during the course of that relationship, and regardless of how it ended, I thank God that I was able to learn the lesson and move on.
What is your dream house? Tell us the details.
My dream house is an architectural masterpiece. It would all be one-storey, as multiple-level buildings creep me out for some strange reason lol. The outside should be yellow, but not like a super bright sunshine yellow, and more of a pastel yellow. The entrance-way would be designed to duplicate the Doctor Who Tardis, if it were yellow. Each room would have its own theme and colour, and appliances and furniture would be lowered and raised from tiles in the floor. There would be an outside pool that is hidden beneath the garden and must be accessed via remote control. I’d also love to have an indoor theater, art gallery for all my pieces and an automated sewing room to bring my fashion designs to life. Oh, one last thing, based on my mood, the windows and decor would change automatically.
How did you settle on the niche or aesthetic of your blog?
This is a funny question, as I am still figuring out my niche. I have always loved how some blogs can have a mix of topics but still flow as one story. That’s the basis for my blog. I would like to have different connecting stories; as if one were reading the pages of a diary.
What is your college Alma Mater, your degree, and your career? (If you do not have any of those, talk about your job/dream job)
I graduated from the University of the West Indies with a degree in Marketing Management. I have since moved on to teaching in a small island village in Japan. My dream career is to one day have my own production company and event enterprise, making it possible to dabble in fashion, special effects and weddings.
What is your passion? The one activity that you eat, sleep, and breathe.
I love drawing and designing. Everyday I wake up with new ideas that are dying to be sketched. It also translates into sewing. The best feeling in the world is designing a concept and then watching it come to life.
Share your favorite recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 15-ounce can corn, drained
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 potatoes, peeled and diced into bite sized chunks
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar, diced into small cubes
- In a large stock pot, brown the ground beef over medium heat until cooked through. Drain the fat, stir in the seasoning salt to coat the beef, and set the beef aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to the bottom of the stock pot set over medium heat. Once melted, add the onions and cook for 5 minutes or until translucent.
- Stir in the garlic and parsley and cook 1 more minute.
- Add the corn, potatoes, cooked ground beef, and chicken stock to the pan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and cover. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- In a small saucepan, melt the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter.
- Whisk in the flour and cook for 2 minutes, whisking constantly.
- Whisk in the milk and cook until thickened to consistency of a thin gravy.
- Add the flour mixture to the pot of soup, along with the cheddar.
- Stir to combine and continue cooking over medium-low heat until the cheese has melted and the soup has thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with croutons, diced tomatoes, and green onions, as desired.
What TV shows are you watching right now or what do you binge on Netflix?
I’m currently loving all over Doctor Who, The Gifted, Once Upon a Time, The Flash, Supergirl, Riverdale and This is Us.
Do you have a family/relationship/kids/fur babies? Tell us about them!
My family currently has 6 people: My mom, my dad, my two baby sisters Shanna-Kaye and Kayla, and my niece Tori. I love them more than life itself. They are honest, kind and amazing individuals who are also seriously talented. They keep me going when I’m feeling down, and serve as constant inspiration for my blog and my designs. The best people in the entire world and I get to call them my family.
What are the first 3 things you would grab from a house fire?
If there were ever a house fire, God forbid, I really don’t know what I’d grab, but for the sake of this question, lemme think. Hmmm.
I think I’d want my purse because it has alot of valuable items inside, my sketchbooks so I could spend my time creating new designs to pass the time, and my camera so I could capture the madness.
What are the top 5 most played songs on your playlists?
I love, love, love music and my top five most played songs are from the gospel group Unspoken. They are:
Tell us about the happiest moment thus far in your life?
The happiest moment thus far in my life is the day I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior. No matter what else happens, nothing will ever top that.
- Who are my nominees?
- The Girl From Calcutta
- Lone Art1st
- It’s All Good
- Wild Pretty Things
- I Am Storyteller
- The Work From Home Coach Blog
- Balanced N Fit
- Life From A Vintage View
- The Witty Grownups
- Gear Greed
- Your Eleven Questions!
- What inspires you to wake up each day?
- What is it that makes your blog stand out from the crowd?
- Where do you see your blog going in the next ten years? (think big and be specific)
- Who is your favourite person in the entire world?
- What food can you not go one day without?
- If you were given a million dollars, but could only buy things starting with the letter “D” what would you buy?
- Which television character would you trade place with for a week and why?
- Name your top five movies of all times.
- If you could design the best pair of shoes in the world, what would they look like?
- What is your hidden talent?
- Which book world would you wanna live in?
I really hope each blog that is nominated chooses to participate as this would be an awesome opportunity for new bloggers seeking to grow.
Thank you to everyone for always reading my content, giving likes, commenting and share. I love you and look forward to continuing this journey together for many more years to come. Have a fantastic weekend. God bless you.
Don’t forget to comment, like and subscribe for more amazing content. Also, I wanna hear from you. What are some topics you’d like to see covered on my blog?
Like what you’ve read? Subscribe to our blog by adding your email address to the form at the top. You’ll be the first to hear about our latest updates and more, so stay tuned to Mydeedeesdiary!